January 17, 2017

Weekend Re·cap

{Friday} I was off from work and at home with Caius for the day. my aunt and her two kiddos came over. Caius and Olivia played so well together and I got some nice baby snuggles with Alex. we made last minute plans with my parents for us to go over there for supper. Neil took my vehicle in the city to get new tires put on so my dad drove out to pick Caius and I up. he was soo excited to ride in papa's big truck. we had pizza for supper, mom and I went to out to grab a few things {and act stupid silly as we usually do} and the boys hung back and apparently enjoyed a few drinks... ;)


{Saturday} we had our 2nd swimming lesson. it went better than the first but not great. Caius has no issues with the water but doesn't like being told what to do and has a tantrum majority of the class. he and Neil came out of the water for a few moments and then he happily returned. he got to end the class in the hot tub this time but came out screaming. oh kid... afterwards we went back to my parents for the afternoon so the guys could build me some new end tables! can't wait to see them complete. after Caius woke up from his nap, we went to check out our future children's museum prototype event and stopped at a few furniture places on our way home. the hubs and I watched Deep Water Horizon that evening. seriously, such a good movie!


{Sunday} we met up with friends of ours at the indoor play centre in Warman. Caius and Nixon played sooo well together! we haven't seen them in a while but you would think that they were BFFs. super cute together. Neil had a basketball game that afternoon but Caius stayed home thinking he would still be napping by the time the game started. but nope, he didn't even nap for an hour. nana & papa stopped by on the way home from the lake and then we went out for a walk in his new sled! I tried taking him down the hill once or twice but he was quite happy to sit on the swings and watch all the other kids go down. it was SO nice to finally get outside and not almost be killed by the cold weather! Neils parents came over for supper that night and we just did our usual thing of getting ready before the new week starts


it was a busy but good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment